The City of Racine COVID-19 Update April 19, 2021
- United States: 31,700,126 cases, 567,422 deaths
- Wisconsin: 590,831 confirmed, 2,803,121 negative, 6,710 deaths
- Central Racine County Health Department: 12,956 (combined confirmed and probable; +82 from last week), 67,124 negative (+694), 210 deaths (+0)
- City of Racine Public Health Department: 9,687 cases (combined confirmed and probable; +122 from last week), 48,378 negative (+545), 117 deaths (+0)
- Racine County total: 22,643 cases (combined confirmed and probable; +204 from last week), 115,502 negative (+1,239), 327 deaths (+0)
Updates for the week of April 19:
- There are several COVID-19 vaccine options in Racine County, many of which have open appointments. The CDC Vaccine Finder can be found at https://vaccinefinder.org. We urge all residents age 16 and older to get vaccinated.
- More information on local providers can also be found at the links below:
- Regency Mall community-based vaccination clinic
- Wisconsin Vaccine Registry – https://vaccinate.wi.gov
- Health care providers:
- Local pharmacies:
- Health Departments:
- The federal review of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine is continuing. The Wisconsin DHS reported Friday that vaccine providers should not administer the J&J vaccine at this time.
- As of today, April 19, 36.9 percent of Racine County residents have received at least one dose, while 24.7 percent of Racine County residents have completed the vaccine series.
- The Wisconsin National Guard continues to conduct drive-thru COVID-19 testing at Festival Hall in the City of Racine on Mondays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Pre-register by visiting https://register.covidconnect.wi.gov/en-US/. Health care providers and pharmacies also continue to provide COVID tests. For community testing locations, call 211 or visit the Wisconsin Department of Health Services’ community testing page.
For Racine County updates on the COVID-19 outbreak, please visit www.racinecounty.com/coronavirus. The City of Racine coronavirus webpage can be found at www.racinecoronavirus.org. The Central Racine County Health Department’s COVID-19 page is www.crchd.com/covid-19.
For national information on COVID-19, please go to the Centers for Disease Control’s website: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.
You can also find current information on the Wisconsin Department of Health Services website, which has guidance that is updated regularly for travel, self-quarantine, and school districts, among other important information: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/disease/covid-19.htm.