The city of Racine COVID-19 Update June 17, 2020
Confirmed coronavirus cases
- United States: 2,150,923
- Wisconsin: 23,454
- Central Racine County Health Department: 635 confirmed, 143 probable, 10,540 negative, 34 deaths
- City of Racine Health Department: 1,411 confirmed, 185 probable, 8,987 negative, 22 deaths
- Racine County total: 2,046 confirmed, 328 probable, 19,527 negative, 56 deaths
- Positive test percentage: 9.5%
Central Racine County and City of Racine Health Department
The consensus from the research community, along with a corrected statement from the World Health Organization, indicate the possibility remains that COVID-19 may be transmitted from frequently-touched surfaces. This weekend is the official start of summer. As you venture out, please consider the gas pump as one such surface. When you get gas:
- Use disinfecting wipes on handles and buttons before you touch them (if available).
- After fueling, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water when you get home or to your destination.
For Racine County updates on the COVID-19 outbreak, please visit www.racinecounty.com/coronavirus. The City of Racine coronavirus webpage can be found at www.racinecoronavirus.org. The Central Racine County Health Department’s COVID-19 page is www.crchd.com/covid-19.
For national information on COVID-19, please go to the Centers for Disease Control’s website:
You can also find current information on the Wisconsin Department of Health Services website, which has guidance that is updated regularly for travel, self-quarantine, and school districts, among other important information: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/disease/covid-19.htm.