The City of Racine COVID-19 Update June 29, 2020
Confirmed coronavirus cases
- United States: 2,564,163 confirmed, 125,928 deaths
- Wisconsin: 28,058 confirmed, 527,359 negative, 777 deaths
- Central Racine County Health Department: 701 confirmed, 146 probable, 12,770 negative, 36 deaths
- City of Racine Health Department: 1,467 confirmed, 187 probable, 11,099 negative, 25 deaths
- Racine County total: 2,168 confirmed, 333 probable, 23,869 negative, 61 deaths
Positive test percentage: 8.3%
Week of June 29 updates:
- The spikes in cases across the country show the COVID-19 pandemic is still an enormous threat to public health. It’s crucial that residents adhere to strict social distancing guidelines, wear facemasks, and practice good hygiene so we can protect our fellow residents and prevent another rise in cases locally.
- The Central Racine County Health Department and Racine County Emergency Operations Center are partnering with the Wisconsin National Guard to open a free community COVID-19 testing site Tuesday and Wednesday at Burlington High School. The clinic will be held from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day. The testing is open to anyone who lives or works in Wisconsin. No appointment is necessary.
- The Central Racine County Health Department today issued updated recommendations for reopening based on the jurisdiction’s current case rate, which is currently classified as “moderate.” At a “moderate” risk level, the community should be prepared for additional cases, which means that most businesses should not be operating at 100%, with few exceptions. These data are updated weekly and are on the CRCHD website: crchd.com/covid-19. For more on the reopening recommendations, click here.
- Racine County businesses in need of PPE are encouraged to submit a request through the Racine County Private Partner PPE program here.
For Racine County updates on the COVID-19 outbreak, please visit www.racinecounty.com/coronavirus. The City of Racine coronavirus webpage can be found at www.racinecoronavirus.org. The Central Racine County Health Department’s COVID-19 page is www.crchd.com/covid-19.
For national information on COVID-19, please go to the Centers for Disease Control’s website: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.
You can also find current information on the Wisconsin Department of Health Services website, which has guidance that is updated regularly for travel, self-quarantine, and school districts, among other important information: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/disease/covid-19.htm.