The city of Racine Covid-19 UpdateMarch 22, 2021
- United States: 29,848,830 confirmed, 542,636 deaths
- Wisconsin: 572,770 confirmed, 2,688,686 negative, 6,576 deaths
- Central Racine County Health Department: 12,006 cases (combined confirmed and probable), 64,041 negative, 210 deaths
- City of Racine Public Health Department: 9,309 cases (combined confirmed and probable), 46,616 negative, 114 deaths
- Racine County total: 21,315 cases (combined confirmed and probable), 110,657 negative, 324 deaths
Updates for the week of March 22:
- A community-based vaccination clinic at Regency Mall begins tomorrow, March 23. Hours of operation are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Tuesdays through Saturdays, in the former Burlington Coat Factory location. (South end of the mall next to Planet Fitness)
- Residents interested in receiving a vaccine at the clinic should register with the Wisconsin Vaccine Registry at https://vaccinate.wi.gov. Those who register will receive an invitation to make an appointment after they become eligible for the vaccine. Individuals can also register by phone by calling toll-free 844-684-1064 (interpreters available for non-English speakers).
- The City of Racine’s RYDE Transit System is offering free rides to community members going to a vaccination site or who just got vaccinated and need to return to their home or work.
- Starting today, March 22, Wisconsin residents with certain medical conditions are eligible for the vaccine. For a list of medical conditions and more information, visit the DHS “Am I Eligible for the Vaccine?” page.
- The City of Racine Public Health Department has released a revised version of the City’s “Safer Racine” ordinance which loosens some restrictions in the ordinance and allows for capacity increases in many categories of establishments as well as mass gatherings. Details on updates to the ordinance can be found here.
- There are several COVID-19 vaccine options in Racine County. Click the links below to learn more and to sign up to receive updates:
- Community-based vaccination clinic at Regency Mall
- Health care providers:
- Local pharmacies:
- Health Departments:
- For COVID-19 vaccine information, including help with finding and connecting with local vaccine providers and appointment registration, call the DHS hotline at 844-684-1064.
- As of today, on March 22, 46,374 Racine County residents (23.6 percent of the population) had received at least one dose of the vaccine. 25,216 residents (12.8 percent) have completed the vaccine series.
- The Wisconsin National Guard is conducting drive-thru COVID-19 testing at Festival Hall in the City of Racine on Mondays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Pre-register by visiting https://register.covidconnect.wi.gov/en-US/. Health care providers and pharmacies also continue to provide COVID tests. For community testing locations, call 211 or visit the Wisconsin Department of Health Services’ community testing page.
For Racine County updates on the COVID-19 outbreak, please visit www.racinecounty.com/coronavirus. The City of Racine coronavirus webpage can be found at www.racinecoronavirus.org. The Central Racine County Health Department’s COVID-19 page is www.crchd.com/covid-19.
For national information on COVID-19, please go to the Centers for Disease Control’s website: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.
You can also find current information on the Wisconsin Department of Health Services website, which has guidance that is updated regularly for travel, self-quarantine, and school districts, among other important information: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/disease/covid-19.htm.